At the beginning of the Covid-19 crisis, Velux experienced a new reality and a new set of challenges. They quickly had to adapt to stay competitive and efficient and linked to this were three challenges connected to doing business remotely:
- Improve the ability to do remote selling and adapt best practices.
- Identify new best practice within remote sales management.
- Ensure field staff motivation and keep a strong focus on people management during the crisis.
After collaborating with Mercuri International, Velux experienced both immediate effects as well as long term benefits from the programme. Improved sales meetings and sales team motivation, as well as a broader perspective on how to do business virtually were just some of the results.
“I am truly impressed how fast Mercuri was able to help us scope and deliver a 100% virtual sales training platform during the C19 crisis for our Central and Eastern European team. We can really see it has improved our virtual sales processes and given our people a much-needed motivation boost during this difficult period.”Marko Sladoje, Managing Director, Central and Eastern Europe
- Immediate effects: better sales meetings, motivational boost and appreciation from the sales teams.
- Long term benefits: broader perspective on how to do business virtually and solutions for improving efficiency and cost of sales after the crisis.
- The webinars have helped introduce a mindset change in the regional management team. This is forming an essential link to the long-term digital strategy and sales planning in the post crisis environment.